Friday, June 6, 2008

This is a sad day for me

Actually, it'll be a sad weekend. My precious Niece Tera is graduating from High School today. She is the little sister I never had. We have such a close and wonderful relationship, I honestly don't know what I'd do with out her. Now don't get me wrong....I love each and every one of my 9 Nieces and Nephews (11 now with the in-laws) and they are all so important to me. I have a different connection with each of them, but there will always be a special place for Tera in my heart, after all she was technically my first (Brandon's older, but he became family later).

Just look at this Beautiful Girl. I can't believe how she has grown into such a young lady. I am so proud of her. She has an individuality and humor that can only be called "Tera". Watching her grow and become the woman that she is today has been quite the adventure. This girl has a temper....that is for sure, but how could you argue with a little cutie that has her fists clenched at her side, giving you an evil glare and hearing her say...."that just makes me burnin' up". I still laugh when I picture it. Laughter....that is something we have a lot together. Although you may not always hear us (we mastered the art of laughing with no sound) we will laugh until we cry just about every time. There are times that you'd probably rather not hear us....like when we're singing Shakira at the top of our lungs in the truck....with the windows down. All that can be said is when we're together, we're having a blast.

Talent - This Girl's got it!!!

I knew way back when she was first dancing and "performing" in our family room while watching the High School's video of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat, that this girl was going to be amazing. From solos that she made up as she went...they were always a little different each time you saw them, to leaps that you see above, she is breathtaking to watch. I truly hope she embraces this passion and talent and pursues her dreams in Dance. She can really go far if she continues to believe in her self.

One of the hardest things I had to do in my life was leave Tera, Mike and Jake when we moved to Iowa. Those were my kids. Even though I knew what I had to do to better our life and make it a healthier situation for Jason and I, it still breaks my heart every time I think of leaving them. Yea, we still go back to visit pretty often, and I can talk to them on the phone, but it's just not the same. I can't just swing by and pick up one or all of them just to hang out, go to the zoo, do a little shopping and I miss that. We had "Auntie/Niecie" and "Auntie/Nephew" days - which we'll have to do more of - that were so much fun.
So now, my little girl is all grown up and graduating...I can't believe it. I only hope that she knows how very proud of her I am and I couldn't be happier for her. She has an amazing spirit and I am so Blessed to be her Auntie. May all your Dreams come true little one, your Auntie Shannie loves you so much!!!

No comments: