Thursday, May 14, 2009

No more work for today....

well, at least at the moment. I still have over an hour left and anything can happen.

Back to the craziness....

Monster garage sale tomorrow - I'll be up bright and early to get things rolling. I'm making breakfast ahead of time so I can just throw it in the oven at my Mom's for us all to enjoy before the crazy shoppers come. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have my house decluttered (for the most part - kind of a mess now since we've been going through everything). You really don't realize how much junk, oops I mean really cool stuff that other people want to buy, accumulates in such a short time.

On to other things....

What else has been keeping my brain busy other than garage sales, being a wife and mother, working and everything else under the sun? A friend of mine and I are starting up our own business. It's a little scary, but the more we talk about it the more excited we get. I'm not going into depth yet as it is in the VERY EARLY stages. There's just lots of preparations that go into it. Finding wholesale suppliers, working out the fine details and setting up the dates and times to launch everything. It will be a crazy ride, but if everything goes according to plan we'll be swamped with more work than we ever thought possible and our dreams to work from home (or at least less hours and closer to home) will come to pass. Please keep us in the back of your minds that everything will run smoothly.

Family things....

Jason has been working more and more lately. Seems that the whole economy thing isn't affecting those needing retaining walls and such....we thank them {grin} Baseball will be back in action on Sunday (no games on Mother's Day) so our weekends will start to seem shorter as we're traveling all over the place to watch him play.

Brenna took a nose-dive on her way to the swings at daycare the other day. You know how you run as fast as you can to the swing, plop your belly on the seat part and hang on? Well, I guess Brenna missed the swing entirely. Poor thing. They said after she got all cleaned up she ran full boar to them again only this time she didn't biff it. That a girl, don't let the pesky ground shy you away from having fun. She has been such a character lately, I find myself laughing more and more everyday. Last night she was getting ready for the bath. This kid LOVES to be naked, I can't help it, she just really likes it. So...after I got her ready to go in the tub she wanted to run and see Daddy first. I followed her out to the living room and she says "Daddy...daddy look....I nak-ed" Then she proceeded to "bring it around town". That's a little sponge bob thing (which I don't think she's actually seen) where she bends her knees and rolls her hips/bum in a circle (like if you were doing the hula-hoop, only no hoop). It is the funniest thing ever. She then ran back into the bathroom ready for bath. Lord help us with this one.

Trever is rolling all over the place. Back to belly, belly to back - he's a cruisin. Another fan of being naked, he will do a full belly laugh when you strip him down. Someday these two will do the "awe, mo-om" when they find out I blogged about how they like being in the buff, but they will know just how cute it is when their kids do it too. Trever is our talker. He would talk to you all day long if he could. He gives out the smiles freely and is such a flirt. He's a BIG boy, very long and is currently in 9 month clothes. Anything smaller pulls on his crotch and shoulders so much.

Well, that's what's going on for us (in a nutshell). Summer is going to be pretty busy for us I'm sure. Between baseball, trips to Minnesota, Trever's Baptism, family reunions....it'll go by fast that's for sure. I'll be sure to get back here to post as often as I can and will share pictures.

No comments: