Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm bored - so here's a little music trivia

Ok, I saw this on another blog awhile back. Since I'm extremely bored at work and cannot even get on facebook to kill the last few hours, I'll post a little trivia for those of you that are just as bored or are movie buffs....or just like playing along.

Here's how it works. I have my ipod on shuffle. For the next 15 songs that play, I will list the first two lines of each song and it's your job to name the tune (artist too if you know it). There is no prizes or fancy giveaways - just me trying to kill a little time. These are totally random...good luck. (I'll update as people get them correct)

1. OOops....ok, have to technically start w/ the next, next one since the first one has no words - It's Miles Davis - My funny Valentine (trumpet - jazz)

1. Looking back on the beginning of this
and how life was (rock) It's Not My Time - 3 Doors Down

2. Wake in a sweat again
Another day's been laid to waste (rock) Given Up - Linkin Park

3. Two days past eighteen
He was waiting for the bus in his army green (country) Travelin Soilder - Dixie Chicks

4. Everybody likes the easy way out
Nobody tells it like it is no more (rock) - Rockstar Supernova

5. Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50 thousand tears I've cried (rock)

6. Well I was movin at the speed of sound
Head spinnin I couldn't find my way around and (rock) Crash - Daughtry

7. Told as a child to go, go , go
told as a student to go, go , go Go, go, go - Tonic Sol fa

8. In open fields of wild flowers
She breaths the air and flies away (christian rock) Ace got it - Love song for a Savior by Jars of Clay

9. There's a thousand words that I could say
to make you come home (pop) Gone - NSync

10. Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk How to Save a Life - The Fray

11. Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring-ting, tingle-ing too
Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you (country artist) - Ace got the song and I'm sure there were many country artists that did it, this one was Sleigh Ride by Garth Brooks.

12. Here comes Johnny singin oldies, goldies
Be-bop-a-lula, baby what I say Sultains of Swing - The Walk

13. Don't be so quick to walk away (dance with me)
I wanna rock your body, please stay (dance with me) (pop) - Kristina got it Justin Timberlake, Rock Your Body

14. I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground (rock) OneRepublic - Apologise

15. This town is cooler now OneRepublic - Stop and Stare
I think it's sick of us (rock)

ok - there you have it. Good luck and have fun. Hey look, it's almost 4pm and time for me to go home YAY!!!!!

2 comments:

Ace said...

Oh, I love this game!

#8 is Love song for a Savior by Jars of Clay

#11 is obviously sleigh ride, but I don't listen to country so I don't know the artist for your version

And the rest of them have me completely stumped!

Kristina said...

#13. "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberblake