Friday, April 24, 2009

4 Month Check-up

Trever had his 4 month check-up yesterday. He is weighing in at 17 lbs 12 oz and is 26" long. He's in the 90-95th percentile in all of his measurements - that a boy! He had lots of smiles and giggles for the nurses and the Doctor. We were told to "Keep up the good work. A happy baby means they are being well taken care of" ahhh, we do our best {grin}. The shots went as expected - he cried when they were first were given. The nurses tried to distract him with some bubbles afterwards. He loved watching them and was very intent on what was floating in the air. Until the unthinkable happened....the worst thing ever.....I'm holding back my emotions as I'm writing this.....you ready for it? Are you sitting down? Ok......

A bubble burst on his nose

And He. Was. PISSED!!!!!

I never laughed so hard in my life (except for the time Brenna got her shots and she chewed me and her Grandma out afterwards - she was what 2 months old). Poor thing. He cried harder at the bubble than he did at his shots.

I know, I know - I'm a terrible Mother for laughing at my crying son, but seriously it was the funniest thing ever. While I was getting him dressed I heard the nurses telling our Doctor what happened and he had a good chuckle too.

1 comment:

One Pretty Girl and Her Mama said...

That is pretty funny if you ask me. :)